Friday 5 September 2014

The Basics

When I started my journey I knew very little about healthy living. I didn't know the first thing about being truly fit, I didn't know what food did and didn't do for me and I certainly had no idea what was happening in my body.



This blog is a way for me to document my journey: trials, challenges and triumphs. But to be honest, it's so much more than that. Throughout my weight loss journey, I sought comfort in reading about women who were going through similar things. I loved reading success stories. I loved relating to the bad days and the gains. I hope that if you've stumbled upon this blog from a place of desperation, despair and hopelessness that you find support and comfort and love. I want to write about parts of my life that make you go "YOU TOTALLY GET ME!". I want to inspire you to be the best friend your body has. I want you to know that you're not alone, you're not worthless and that your body and its issues do not define you. I want to be your fitfam.

For the most part I follow a Paleo based diet: gluten, grain, sugar and 'nasties' free. I LOVE (yes, with capitals) being fit: weights, HIIT, yoga and pilates (click through to see some of my favourite articles on these topics)... the rush I get from a good workout is met by no other. I love to train hard in the gym, eat well in the kitchen and enjoy that glass of red at the end of a long, hard day. I believe in balance and I believe in consistency. This blog will be all my musings, opinions and ideas and I hope that, if nothing else, you leave wanting to know more about your body and your health; ready to try a new recipe, workout or a whole new lifestyle.

To the skinny and the not so skinny, the"whales", the "too skinny"s and the in-betweens, to the happy, the sad, the confident and the wall flowers, to the lifters, the gym bunnies, the bros and the cross fitters: welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment